Oh dear I'm so sad its the final challenge, I've had a blast doing these challenges and have definitely been pushed out of my comfort zone at times. This is a good thing. Also many many thanks to all those who have commented on my creations I really appreciate that you have taken the time in this busy world to do that.....Thank you.
Anyhoo! (before I start sniffling) on to the last challenge:
A Journal page. I was sorting out the pile of 'scrap' pages I had on my workspace, you know the ones. The ones from cleaning brayers, cleaning stencil brushes, trying out paint colours, where you think I quite like that I'll save it and use it later.........and never do! Well now I have used a small amount of the humungous pile, but its a start!
I tore the papers into small pieces and added some Tim Holtz tissue paper and also some tissue that has lovely maps on it (sorry cannot remember where that came from) and covered a double page spread in my journal. I then covered it with gesso to even it out a little and moved the gesso around so some of the colour was stronger in some areas.
I then began the required technique using page 48 of The Compendium of Curiosities. The colours I used were ripe persimmon, mermaid lagoon and cracked pistachio, and the stencils were Tim Holtz harlequin, honeycomb and burlap.
Ohh that came out quite bright so I decided to tone it down a bit by edging with black archival ink and a blending tool and adding some stencilling using both black archival ink and white gesso. The stencils used for this were Tim Holtz schoolhouse and splatters. I also used a Memory Box stencil rings and puddles to get some smaller splatters.
Next I tore a page from an old dictionary, making sure there were no naughty words of course, and tore this into strips long ways. These were inked with Walnut stain distress ink and added to the middle of the layout.
For the focal point of my layout I used The Art of Brett Weldele stamp set from Stampers Anonymous. I stamped the lady, the wings and the rose onto tissue paper and painted them from behind with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paints. I dried them with a heat gun to ensure the paint was really dry and then put a coat of white gesso on the back to make the colours stand out. These were then added to the layout using Slap it on Matt from IndegoBlu. I then stamped the sentiment directly onto the layout using black archival ink.
As usual you need to check out Linda Ledbetters blog to see the great work that the Curiosity Crew have done for this challenge. They have shown us such wonderful examples for all the challenges, so much inspiration, thank you ladies.
Also a big thank you to The Funkie Junkie for sponsoring this challenge, and all the other even numbered challenges, thanks guys.
I hope that some of you will pop over to my blog in the future as I will still be getting messy and playing with paper , paint, ink and anything else that I can think of. It would be nice to hear from you.