Faux cracked glass...hmmmm, I may have lost the plot completely but here goes!
I don't know why a light bulb sprang to mind but there you go. I followed Tim's technique on page 54 of the Compendium of Curiosities on both the light bulb and the wings. The wings are cut from acetate using Tims Sizzix die, Layered Dragonfly. I tried the wings from the Layered Bee but they were a little too small, he is quite a rotund bee after all!
Once the cracking was dry I used Adirondak alcohol inks in aqua for the wings and sunshine yellow for the body. The end of the bulb was coloured with pitch black alcohol ink.
To make the legs I wound three lengths of black wire together and formed them round the body of the bee and then glued them with hot glue. When all three sets of legs were attached I was able to bend them so the bee could stand on his own legs.
The antenna were originally just wire which I bent into spirals at the ends and attached the the head of the bee, however I decided that this looked wrong so I cut off the spirals and added beads to the ends of the shorter antenna.
I love the way the crackle is shown up by the alcohol ink. I just have to decide where to put my bee, I think I'll put him into my faux orchids, A Faux bee in a Faux Flower LOL.
A visit to Linda Ledbetters blog will blow your minds with the gloriousness of the Curiosity Crews offerings for this challenge. As usual a big thank you to The Funkie Junkie for sponsoring this challenge.
Ah well time I buzzed off, bye for now!