Wednesday 20 May 2015

CC3C - Challenge 28

Hi all

Well what a difference a fortnight makes, my hubby is out of hospital, eating anything that you put in front of him, pottering about and generally getting in my way.....and I love it!  Thanks for all the lovely messages and the thoughts and prayers, much appreciated.

So onto challenge 28.

I have had some of the Stampbord shapes in my stash for quite some time and they fell out of a cupboard when I was looking for something else and I decided to see if I could do the technique on one of these.  Well who'd have thunk....it worked really well.



The colours I used were indigo, sail boat blue and aqua adirondack alcohol ink and I coloured my stamp board using the technique on page 57 of the Compendium of Curiosities.  

I stamped the funky grasses from the JOFY11 stamp set from PaperArtsy and the taller flower from set JOFY12, I love these quirky grasses and flowers.  The ink I used was black archival ink.  I then masked off the wings of the butterfly stamp from set 11 and inked up the body and stamped it on the edge of the stampbord. 

I needed the butterfly to be the other way round so I inked the stamp and used my brayer to take the image and the rolled it onto some scrap card.  I painted the butterfly wings using some of the PaperArtsy Fresco Finish acrylic paints and then double heat embossed with clear embossing powder to give a nice shine.


Before I added the wings to the stampbord I used a scratch tool to add some white highlights to the grasses and made the bigger leaves white.


I then stamped the word Nature onto some kraft card stock with some black archival ink and added some white highlights with a gelly pen.  I then added this and the butterfly wings to the stampbord.

To finish the piece I die cut a fancy oval from embossed silver card and mounted the stampbord to give a small silver rim to the piece.  I will add a hanger to the back so it can be hung up.

The examples from the Curiosity Crew are simply fabulous and can be seen on Linda Ledbetter's blog here.  Also there are the usual thanks to The Funkie Junkie Boutique for sponsoring this challenge.

Lyn

5 comments:

  1. Stamped on a brayer to reverse an image??? WOW! Genius! I've never heard of that before! Thanks for sharing that! Glad the stamp board worked with the Alcohol Ink too! Gorgeous color, and lovely project!!! Thanks so much for playing with Alcohol Ink with us at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Lyn! Brilliance to use your brayer to reverse the image, I've got to try that! Your frame is so pretty and the colors you've chosen to create your scene are so subtle and effective. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the technique, Lyn! It was very clever of you to use Stampboard and to reverse the image with a brayer! Love it! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyn...such a pretty card. Your alcohol ink ombre technique really looks nice as the background of the focal point of your card. Very neat idea and use of your brayer in the image reversal! Thanks so much for sharing that idea and also your beautiful card with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete