Wednesday 6 May 2015

CC3C - challenge 27

Hi all,

The next few weeks are going to be a little stressful as my beloved husband is in hospital undergoing a major operation as I type.  I miss him!  He's grumpy, has a terrible sense of humour, and watches far too much football but its too quiet when he's not here.

Anywhoo thats enough of that!!  I decided that this challenge would be a get well card for him so that when I go to visit tomorrow he can scold me for having blue hands, and I have, and to remind him that I miss him.


I used a piece of craft card and the Tim Holtz embossing folder Patchwork and following the instructions on page 61 of The Compendium of Curiosities I started the background.  I used mermaid lagoon, cracked pistachio  and dusty concord distress to ink the background and splashed some of the distress stain in the same colours over the top.  Once I'd dried the background I added some silver gilding wax to highlight the embossing and finished off with walnut stain distress ink round the edges.

I cut an oval from white card and inked with the same colours as before.  I die cut the letters for the sentiment using the Tim Holtz strip die Untieled in black card and mounted them onto the oval.  You may have noticed the 'jaunty' angle of the letters, this is because I cannot do straight lines.  I think its against some law or another! (LOL) I added some of the Idea-ology mini cogs and mounted it onto the card.



To finish I sprayed some seam binding with distress stains in the same colours, thats why my hands are blue!,  and dried it with a heat gun.  This was wound round the bottom of the card and tried in a knot.  I found some dried twiggy bits to put behind the knot and added another cog.

As usual you can see some fantastic examples on Linda Ledbetters blog from the ever wonderful Curiosity Crew.  Also thanks to Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring this challenge.

Lyn


5 comments:

  1. Your huz is gonna love this card you've made for him! Big fan of the jaunty letters!! Great use of the Embossing Folders to frame your message. Hope your husband is way better super fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn. First of all, I hope all goes well with your husband's surgery and he will be better really soon. Now...your card is awesome! It has a quirkiness to it that is sure to bring a smile. :) I love Tim's patchwork embossing folder. The diffused oval makes a great statement and I adore your funky "get well soon" message coupled with the metal gears. The lovely dyed ribbon and dried foliage gives the card a warmth and sincerity. Thanks for entering all our CC3C challenge! Now go visit the hubby and bring him some sunshine! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your hubby, Lyn. I hope it goes as smooth as can be and that he's right as rain. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool colors on the background...love the sheen too! Sending you prayer with your husband. Not fun! Glad you are escaping with some art. Thanks so much for joining in on the diffuser fun at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super sweet tag for your hubby. I hope his surgery went well and he's possibly less grumpy now. Ha-ha! Great use of the embossing diffuser to put your sentiment front and center. I love the touches of the silver gilding wax too. I hope he enjoyed it and knows the love that went into it.

    ReplyDelete