Tuesday 13 January 2015

CC3C - Challenge 19

Hi all,

Frayed Fabric, see page 66 of the compendium of curiosities.  I decided to do something for my daughter as she has just passed her driving test and is whizzing about in her own little car....this means even more opportunities for panic, will she get where she is going, will she get back!  Ah well a Mothers worries are never done.

However we are here to celebrate all things Holtz so on with the show!!


I used one of Tims burlap panels and stencilled a musical cascade using grunge paste and an IndigoBlu stencil called Musical Notes.  Once the grunge paste had dried I added some broken china and dusty concord distress ink over the paste.  Then added some shadow using a black pen for a more 3D look, and a few highlights with a silver pen.

I die cut a heart out of the fabric and also some plain cotton, then die cut another heart from wadding using a slightly smaller die.  I made a sandwich of fabric, wadding and lining cotton and sewed them together.  I then distressed the edges with my pokey tool to give the frayed edge.  I then sprayed the heart with broken china and dusty concord distress spray and water to make the ink disperse even more.  Once it was dry I used one of Tims arrows and attached it to the front of the heart using a little embroidery floss.

The black notes and treble clef were cut from black card and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Just a little tip, keep hold of these small pieces while embossing as I was chasing them all over the desk, LOL.  I also cut the same pieces from silver mirri card.  I also printed off the words onto kraft card and outlined them in black and added some white highlights.

To make the texture of the burlap stand out a little more I dry brushed a little white paint around the edges making the amount of paint lighter the closer I got to the middle of the panel.

I attached the heart to the panel and then arranged the notes and words around the heart and stuck them down.  To finish the panel I made a loop at the end of some purple ribbon then stuck the ribbon round the panel with the loop in the middle of the top edge and finished it off with a silver bead.

There are the usual fabulous examples from the Curiosity Crew on Linda's web site, click here to see this extravaganza of loveliness.  Also thanks to Inspiration Emporium for sponsoring this challenge.

Lyn


5 comments:

  1. Lyn....this is darling and such a sweet message for your daughter. I remember when my two kids turned 16 and started driving. Such a proud accomplishment for them but hard for me to "let them go". Your little burlap piece is so sweet. I love the soft wisps of lavender and teal. The frayed fabric heart is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely piece for your daughter with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and beautiful is this?!! LOVE that it is for your daughter! The quilted heart is wonderful!!! Thank you so much for joining in our first challenge of the year and stitching up a great project for CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter! Love the keepsake you made for her... Thanks for joining in with the CC3C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift for your daughter! So sweet and so fun! Love the fluffy heart! Thanks for joining CC3C in the Frayed Fabric Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, wild thing (that song just went off in my head when I read the words on your burlap!). This is just lovely and I know you daughter will treasure it. You always create great art, thanks for riding this CC3C train with us!!

    ReplyDelete