Wednesday 6 August 2014

CC3C Challenge 8

Hi all,

Challenge 8 is the faded layers from page 58 of the Compendium of Curiosities.  This always challenges me as I'm not sure is I'm getting it right but here goes!


I coloured the coated card with currant, terra cotta and raisin alcohol ink then used the Tim Holtz stencil crocodile to produce the faded layer effect.  This was then echoed on the other side of the card with picket fence distress stain.  The dragonfly blueprint stamp and the small butterfly stamps were stamped in black archival.  The wings of the stamped dragonfly were coloured with a mixture of citrus and sail boat blue alcohol inks.

The large dragonfly was cut from textured silver card using the Tim Holtz die layered dragonfly and coloured with the citrus and sailboat blue alcohol ink as before. The wings of the dragonfly were cut from acetate using the same die and embossed using the corresponding embossing folder then coloured with the same alcohol inks.


The body was some some 'novelty' stickers I had in my stash and I like the oil on water look they had.

I finished with the sentiment and a word band from Idea-ology.  I swiped the band with picket fence distress stain to pick out the words and cleaned off the excess, then attached it using some pink twine.

Thanks to The Funkie Junkie for sponsoring this challenge and of course to Linda for starting this creative madness in the first place! Such Fun!

Lyn

5 comments:

  1. Looks fab Lyn, love the texture you have brought into the design on that gorgeous dragonfly... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyn. I really like your dragonfly stretched out on top of the gorgeous faded layers background. It is THE PERFECT color for that background. Of course, I am a HUGE teal fan...so I think teal looks good on practically anything! haha But, your background is beautifully done and your design for your card is very nice. Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyn, your background "Faded Layers" effect turned out great! And I love what you did with that dragonfly. Such texture! Thanks for playing along in the CC3 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your echoed dragonfly and the Picket Fence stain is a very nice touch. Well done technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great background with the technique and the stampings! love your jeweled dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete