Sunday 31 August 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - August

Hi All

What a month, had a fab holiday in the US, Las Vegas, San Francisco and New York, my daughter's 18th birthday and her A level results and the realisation she is going to university in 20 days time!!!!
And breathe!

It's no wonder I'm a little late with my attempt at the tag for this month but here we go.

As I haven't had much of this this month, I chose a Time theme.  I stamped the two sentiments with archival ink, both are from Tim's stamp sets and then stencilled some 'coffee rings' using grunge paste and an unidentified stencil I found in one of my boxes.



Once the paste had dried I used dusty concord, shaded lilac and broken china distress stain to marble the tag and to filled in the gaps with a little more broken china.  A brisk rub with dusty concord and a distress tool around the edges and the colour was done.   I like the way the grunge paste resists the ink to a degree giving a faded look to the 'coffee rings'.   Any stain left on the non-stick craft sheet was mopped up with some seam binding.

I die cut the Weathered Clock from Engraving Art copper board and rubbed with Tim's sanding tool to reveal the metallic copper core.  The good times banner is some acetate that I put through an embossing machine with the Authentic set of shadow press words.  I then rubbed black soot distress paint across and wiped off the excess so the word popped out.  This was then attached to the tag with staples.

I painted an Ideaology word band with some dusty concord distress paint, again wiping off the excess and attached with some twine.  The seam binding that I dyed earlier was tied in a bow at the top.

Whew, what a month.  I don't think September is going to be any less busy but that's life!

Lyn

2 comments:

  1. This really caught my eye ... I love the colours, and I totally agree with you there's never enough time!
    Good luck to your daughter at Uni .... my son's just finished! It's a long slog but worth it in the end. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Linda, this tag caught my eye. I love purple (colour of my craft room walls). I also love the time theme. I still have 3 years before my daughter heads off to college. Good blessings to you and her!

    ReplyDelete