Tuesday 6 May 2014

Sunday Stamper Week 306

Hi all,

Now that the Easter holidays, university finance applications, end of financial year, and a humungous pile of ironing are out of the way I can get down to some serious crafting.  This is my latest effort for Hels Sheridans Sunday stamper challenge.

I have had this sentiment stamp for a while now and just love the things it says,  the best one being 'drink wine' of course!  It is from the IndigoBlu set called Enjoy life and here it is.



The background was done using the Tim Holtz marbled stains technique using faded jeans, broken china and peacock feathers distress stains.  I love peacock feathers, my absolute fav colour in all things, in fact I find it difficult to not buy clothes if they are anything like this colour, at least most of my wardrobe matches!  Peacock feather and chipped sapphire distress inks were used around the edges to frame the piece.

I then stamped a swirling musical stave from Joy crafts clear stamp set "Dance to the Music" in peacock feathers across the bottom of the card.  The die cut stave is from Joy Crafts too although I had to chop a little off the length so my sentiment would fit down the side of the card.

Some fabric flowers that I have had kicking around the craft room for ages were layered up and attached with sparkly brads.   Some skeleton leaves were cut from textured mirri card using the
Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves dies from Creative Expressions and inserted among flowers.

I then matted the whole thing onto black card to give a nice border, I think I may use this as my Mothers Birthday card for the 31st of May.   We are going to have a family gathering to celebrate, does anybody have any ear plugs?

Lyn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyn, I was mooching around after visiting your CC3C entry and spotted this! I didn't see it before, sorry I am SO late in leaving you a comment! I love the way you have added the die cut leaves to break up the flowers... beautiful... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday STamper x

    ReplyDelete