Wednesday 14 May 2014

Sunday Stamper 307 - Pink!

Hi all,

This weeks challenge from Hels Sheridan was to create a piece including pink, not my natural 'go to' colour but I had a go.


I couldn't find a manilla tag so had to go with a kraft card one and the pale pinks seemed to disappear into the background, that is until I remembered that Picket Fence distress ink is opaque.  I swiped the ink over the tag and dried it with a heat gun so I then had a patchy white surface to play on.

The background was done with victorian velvet, spun sugar and picked raspberries distress ink (is is just me but I always want to call it pickled raspberries for some reason!).  I then stamped with picked raspberries using the small harlequin stamp from the Tim Holtz collection Mini Muse.  The sentiment was from the Tim Holtz collection Mini Ornates and stamped in black archival ink.

I then used the Rivited Metal set texture fade to emboss a piece of the Tim Holtz idea-ology metal  sheet which I cut along some of the embossed lines to give two small sections.  To grunge up the metal I swiped it with black soot distress ink and dripped a little black alcohol ink to give a few spots,  and then attached them to the tag.  The flowers were from Hobbycraft but they were white so I decided to spray them with Apple Blossom Radiant Rain shimmering mist from Luminarte.  This gave a lovely variegated colour to the flowers and also my hand!! (I think I missed the flowers)


I then cut some leaves using Sue Wilson's Faux Quilled Leaves die by Creative Expressions and separated them into small sprays.  The flowers and leaves were then grouped over the metal to soften the edges. Loops of pink string were also added.

To finish the tag I dyed a piece of white seam binding with spun sugar distress ink and added this with some black seam binding and more pink string to the top of the tag.

Lyn

P.S. I am pleased to report that the ink finally came off my hand, it only lasted 5 days!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Lyn... me again... are you leaving me a link to this post on my blog? It is strange tha tI have missed your entry more than once... if you leave a link to your entry post on my Sunday Stamper post on my blog I will be able to hop over and see you X
    Love this... your hand!!! That is a serious amount of inkiness! Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete