Saturday 10 May 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - May

Hi all,

Another day, another challenge, this time Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014.  This month the technique was a tiled tag and to incorporate some of the treasures we collect along the way.  I'm sure these treasures are only for looking at not actually to USE!, but no! Tim wants us to use them and actually open the packets....oh the will power!

So, here we go....

The base tag was coloured using weathered wood, peacock feathers, and broken china distress stains using the wrinkle free technique.  I then rubbed picket fence distress stain over the top to calm down the colours a bit, I also splatted the picket fence to give some nice white splats but then covered them up with the focal elements, oh well it did look good but ...

The various tiles were cut from one of the sheets in the French Industrial paper stash, these were distressed around the edges and inked with combinations of peacock feathers, spun sugar and a little walnut stain distress ink.  The buttons, cotton reel, dress form, needle and pins were all cut using dies and variously inked, stamped and embossed as above.

The scissors were originally brass coloured but a bit too dark for the tag so a little silver pebeo gilding wax was added making them look suitably shabby. The thread was a freebie from some magazine and was green and white stripes, so out with the peacock feather distress ink and voila! green thread (also green fingers..no, nothing to do with the garden!).  A little teal seam binding and more green thread finished off the tag and was held in place with a Tim Holtz wire pin, safety pin to us Brits.

All works of art need a title so a cute little "Tres Chic" stamp finished my tag.

Hope you like it.

Lyn

P.S. Yes I know I only used two embellishments from my stash, what can
 I say "they are my precious-es"

4 comments:

  1. The stitches on the side are such a clever detail! Love your sewing theme and the lovely colors. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tiled creation Lyn...Love the colour combo, little scissors and the stitching and needle is a cool addition!...I also want to thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my blog for my Timmy tag :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete