Thursday 10 April 2014

Those Pesky Men!

Men, don't you just love them?, well until you have to make a card for them.  I really struggle with this as there don't seem to be that many men in my family.  Its always for someone else's family so I don't know them that well and I like to make cards that are relevant to the person receiving the card.

My friends husband is a case in point, I know what he does but who wants a 'work' card for their  birthday, so I had to try something else.  Then I remembered my friend said he likes cars and VOILA a card was born.  Oh a bit over the top that, but there you go:






The background paper is a page from the road atlas we used to use before the invention of satellite navigation.  Just hope we don't need it any more (especially as I haven't told him in doors that I've pulled several pages out ).  I then roughed up the edges and scrupled it up a bit, flattened it out and inked with walnut stain distress ink.  This was mounted onto brown mirri card and a maroon ribbon wrapped round.

I die cut the sentiment using Britannia Dies word sets and glued it in place.  The car is a piece of decoupage from the Hobbies and Pastimes set from Hunkydory that just happens to have a matching stamp, how convenient.  I just hate plain envelopes so I used the stamp and coloured it with pro markers.  Job done!

So one mans' card down lots to go.......does anyone play golf?

Lyn

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of using the (old) map... must give that a try!

    ReplyDelete