Sunday 13 April 2014

Packing, shopping and the art of juggling

Friday spent packing for all the family, why is it that no-one else can pack a bag? We are spending a few days in Lincolnshire at Belton Woods Hotel in one of the lodges and my sister and her family are coming to join us so we will be a party of 7.  With her 7 year old twins it will be an action packed few days.

I did manage to whizz down to Alexandra Palace to the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking Show.  Even though I got there for opening time on Saturday (10am) it was still busy so after lunch it must have been heaving!  I only managed an hour and a half as I had to get home to drive us to Lincolnshire that afternoon.

I had a speedy shop and picked up some fantastic bits and pieces, lots of embellishments, some dies and some book ring note books to personalise, but the best purchase was the MDF pocket watch clock.  I'm going to alter this for my daughter for her room at university, she is due to start next September (scary thought).  If I like how it comes out I'll post it at a later date.

Well the exhibit for today is another mens card, there's a surprise! This was for my brother-in-law who dare I say it is younger than my sister so a timely card was the order of the day.  



The topper and backing papers are tatty teddy (I think!) and the distressed clock face is from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die.  The envelope was decorated by stamping the pocket watch stamp, from Clarity Stamps, and masking the images and over stamping to make it look as though there is a pile of watches.

Just sitting watching the London Marathon, note the operative word...watching! Also been watching the Masters at Augusta, wow that course is beautiful, seen the trend there?  I watch sport I don't do, well crafting keeps me plenty busy. Lol

Lyn



No comments:

Post a Comment