Saturday 26 April 2014

Men are hard but teenage boys are impossible!

Hi all

I have a friend who has three teenage boys who I make the birthday cards for, this is a challenge!  I know them but I don't know them, if you get my drift.  Trying to keep up with their interests and likes and dislikes is a full time job, so... Its Josh's birthday so thats three cards, one from his parents, one from his brothers and one from us.

Don't get me wrong I love all of them and I enjoy making the cards for them but until inspiration strikes its a struggle.  Today I had finished the card for his Mum and Dad and was considering the one from his brothers when I found a sheet of stamps I recently bought at Stamp Addicts in Bedfordshire and the little grey cells began to fire up.



This stamp sheet has a skull, top hats, moustaches and glasses all crying out to be decoupaged and glazed.  The Hats have been triple embossed with embossing powder to give a nice shine.  The glasses have also been embossed. The hats were stuck onto the skulls and then mounted onto some curled wire to give some movement.

The background was made using a Clarity Stamps stencil and mask and distress inks.

Hopefully this will make them laugh, it certainly made me smile.

Lyn

1 comment:

  1. I love your birthday card! It's "inspired". I am like you, I have to be in the mood to really come up with some nice crafting things. Evidently you must have been in the mood when you created your card! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my CC3C triptych. I hope you'll join in! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete